Shabda's Home




My Own Personal God!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My God.

I say I am an atheist. But still I do believe in God. Contradiction in terms, do I hear you saying?
I call myself an atheist as I believe in no God you believe in. No matter what your religion, my God is different from yours. He is my own personal God.
My God does not ask me to pray every day to him. He does not ask me to come to his temple every day. But he does ask that I sometimes drop in for a chat with him to his home, which others call temple. And he is always ready to talk to me, near me omnipotent that he is.
He does not ask me to bathe before I pray to him. He does not ask me to give alms to the priests. He does not mind that he is not the first person I remember when I wake up. But he does ask me to remember him sometimes, when I get the time. He ask me to do my bit for society.
He does not mind the fact that I remember him mostly in trouble. In fact, he says, that I always ask him for his help when I am in need. After all he is my “wighnaharta” “विघ्न्हर्ता थे the destroyer of my maladies.


0 Responses to “My Own Personal God!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from shabda. Make your own badge here.

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3